Friday 15 April 2016

Two weeks into a new life.

A slightly different place to be at eight in the morning than sitting in front of a couple of screens in the city...

This is a rather nicer way to start a Monday morning, up on top of the hills with the dog, enjoying the April sunshine.

It's two weeks now since my last day in the office, two weeks so far to get used to not being compelled to be somewhere at a certain time.  To not have to shave, not have to put on a suit, not have to do anything because I'm being paid to do it.  Freedom.

So far, it feels pretty good to me.  The last couple of days, lots of physical work to do, shifting a ton (literally) of floor tiles, cutting a 100ft, ten foot high privet hedge, turning a huge mess of pyrocantha, bay laurel, jasmine and cotoneaster into shredded pulp.  My hands are burning from all the thorns, my back is aching from moving the tiles, my legs are bruised from pressing against the step-ladder, but it feels really good all the same.

Maybe I'll tire of it in another thirty years or so...


No comments:

Post a Comment